Friday, January 31, 2014

This Week in ICT

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! This week in ICT a lot of fun things happened. Digital story telling is something that my class has been waiting to hear about in our English class as it is an assignment that we are required to do. Unfortunately we all had no idea what it was and felt like we never would until ICT class this week. It was great, what better way to learn about digital story telling than from your ICT professor who would know the technology part of it best! A picture is worth a thousand words right? Well in our Animoto videos they are. We used a website called animoto.com that allowed us to create slide shows of our personal pictures accompanied by a background and music playing. It was fun to view our class members videos of babies and engagement photos. I made my video of pictures that my friends and I took when we went to Souris for Scarecrow days. This is a great site and now not only can I digitally tell a story I can share it with all of my friends and trust me we have a lot of pictures! This is a website that would also be great to use with students in the classroom. It is great that technology can bring together learning from two different classes so that we can gain a better understanding of the concept from two different professors and their specialties.

On Thursday this week we had a guest speaker, John Finch, come and talk to us about Literacy with ICT. It was interesting to hear what he had to say and listen to all of the methods he had to share with us. I enjoyed his stories of past students that he had and his sense of humor made it easy to keep engaged in what he was talking about. Some of what he talked about is technology as our future and how far it has come. I agree with this, technology is our future. More and more we are seeing schools with laptops, iPads, and even teachers allowing students to bring their smart phones to school, some even requiring it. It is important for us as teachers to keep up with our future students in this field and although this is a struggle for me I am committed to learning and incorporating new technology into my classroom.


Peace and Love


Here is the link to my Animoto video, enjoy!

Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment