Friday, February 14, 2014

Familiar Frustrations

Hi Everyone!

It is always right when I feel like I am getting the hang of things that I then realize...I'm not. Some familiar frustration is starting to set in and I am feeling a lot like I am back at the start of the school year. Last term in my Classroom Management class we made videos to explain a specific management model. My group created an episode of The Maury Show to introduce our model. For the editing of this video we used iMovie and once we were done the project I felt that I had a pretty good understanding of this program and that if I ever had to use it again I would have an idea of what to do. This term we are making videos in ICT my group is using the same movie editing system and I feel like I am looking at it for the first time again! All of the frustration I was feeling throughout the learning process last time is creeping back. This just reminds me that all I can do is be patient and that some things will come easier then others. Although this brought down my confidence a little bit I still feel like I am making progress in my learning about technology and I have learned some great things that I am excited to use in the classroom.

This term is flying by and we only have three weeks left! I feel like I have learned a lot of valuable information and skills over the past weeks but I still have so much to learn and am trying to take in as much as I can. My excitement and nerves are starting to kick in for student teaching as it quickly approaches and I have plans to meet my class of grade 4's very soon. I hope that when I get into my placement I will continue my learning about technology not only through colleagues but especially through my students, I can not wait!

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment