Sunday, February 23, 2014

Olympic Buzz

Hi Everyone!

Well, there are only two weeks left of blogging about technology for  my ICT class. This however does not mean that I am going to stop blogging, my blogs may just change topics every now and then. The next thing I am set to blog about is my student teaching experience. So stay tuned!

The last couple of weeks have been full of Olympic buzz, everywhere you go you can hear people either talking about the last gold medal won, or watching the curling game on their iPhone, iPad, etc. Even my boyfriend who has been traveling around has been able to have easy access to the Olympics in Kuwait and Egypt. It is amazing how these games can keep our world so connected, and how this is all done through technology. Everyday when I go to work (at an elementary school) the kids are so excited to share what sport they have just watched in class on the Smart Board and all of the information they have gain from that experience. I went to go visit my new student teacher and her grade four class had just been watching the Hockey game between Canada and the USA before heading to music, they were not to pleased about leaving. Over the years I am sure that the technology used to air the events of the games has changed dramatically. Today not only do we have radio, television and internet, we have apps for our phones and access to events 24/7. With the growing use of technology that comes along with these games we are not only keeping connected to the rest of world and learning about other countries, we are staying connected to our own country and being reminded about the pride we have in where we come from. The Olympics only take place once every four years and I hope that every teacher takes advantage of them as a learning experience for their students as I know I will, you would be silly not to.

Peace and Love

A classroom in Canada after Canada beat the USA in Hockey...

No comments:

Post a Comment